3/30/20

Reno update...

Hi friends! 
The reno sure feels like it has been slow moving, but the day job has been busier than usual thanks to this pandemic. Here are some photos of what's been happening... My small stair shelves nook got a update


matched the color on all pieces of wood, you really can't see it but they are a dark grayish color, I'll do a close up soon, because the shelves have a trim and I still have to emphasize the detail. But the top little awning like trim just makes it look so cute, I absolutely love it!
Now for the past 2 weeks the crafty closet has been getting an update. Please no comment on the nursery colors, lol.


Those were left over paint colors and let me not forget, the door frame was a royal blue with yellow door, no idea what I was thinking, lol.


Got this beautiful light gray for $9 on the returned paint pile at home depot.


of course that popcorn ceiling had to go


beautiful trim


and just love the clean, crisp look



Sorry for the light glare photo, but when I'm working I forget to take photos, so quick and go are the result.  Now organizing everything back has been a mission,  because prior to the empty closet it was so crowded I could hardly walk in and to find something I had to move 12 others, very uncomfortable. So, I've been slowly putting everything back and of course in a more accessible way, so once I'm done I'll share some photos. 
We also started on the powder room,  at first I wanted to do a German Smear to keep the rustic country look, well, the faux brick was almost $40 not counting the compound to do the effect. So decided to get some wall paper and use some of the left over trim and paint and here is the work in progress...


added trim to the plain door like I did on the upstairs 1st bathroom update you can see here.


The peel and stick wall paper is from NuWallpaper called "Treetops". FYI it's my first time working with wall paper and it was easy, got half of the bathroom,  had to reorder and will get it Wed.


The window got a gorgeous trim update. Below is the finished wall.


The gray is the same one used on the crafty closet,  and now the powder room went from rustic/country to very fancy and cold. So need to bring some warmth and natural elements; so another work in progress. Still have to work on the ceiling, the big hole (seen on the first photo) happened due to check on a water leak which got fixed easily.  Also this weekend we finished the trim on the downstairs part of the house which I posted a photo on stories, boring stuff. But the work continues. 
The husband and myself still have to work as our work is essential, so the reno is still slow moving,  but is ok, what's important is to keep your immune system up and stay safe people, till next one.

No comments: