10/23/19

Handmade Halloween

If many of you remember I LOVE Halloween.  All new followers, I assume must have figured this out already. But with the chaos at my house I wasn't able to fully decorate as usual, but that didn't stop me from having some crafty fun and here are a few makes I made for the Bitty home.
1st are the pillows made from dishcloths from the Target store dollar section. This was a simple DIY from the Shabby Tree; used fabric glue and some stuffing. Fyi the back pillow is a cover from Hobby Lobby, two sided, which worked great. 



2nd is the window witchy frame. I had this window panel for the past 4 years approximately,  bought it at the IKEA clearance section. Spray painted it matte black, attached a piece of a Halloween vintage  paper cloth and the sides with the bats are paper napkins. Here are some close ups...



Absolutely love the way it came out!


3rd made a small Halloween quilt, my first by the way. I had done the embroidery + pumpkin applique last year and had this on my "pending" project bucket. So, pulled out four different Halloween fabrics, cut triangles with a quilting ruler, dusted the sewing machine and assembled it.




Must admit not 100% straight, but hardly noticable. Added bias tape on the edges and made hanging loops. After it was all done I grunged it all up to make it look vintagy.


Here is the back


and forgot about this small spiderweb 
button detail on top


4th made these absolutely adorable books from old paperbacks. Ripped the covers, painted with acrylics,  stamped the spine with Trick or Treat, the white one had to paint it with the white. Then just wrapped the ribbon and added the witchy pick found at Michael's. 



5th is a small skully hang made from plastic skulls pack from Joanne's fabrics. Made a hole, tied a wire and glittered them. Put a removable buffalo check bow I have to use throughout the year on top to match with this years  decor (buffalo check is my year round decor). 


6th is a lace and linen rag wreath bigger than the ones currently available for purchase, this one was made with the wire wreaths available at the dollar store. The linen and lace were from walmart, cut strips and just tie away full. I made this one to be able to chage up the center, so currently have a laser cut Day of the Dead couple which I just spray painted black. 



Well, there you them; most easy and cheap DIY's for Halloween,  now which is your favorite? do let me know.




No comments: