8/5/19

bathroom vanity...

reno update!!
Today is all about the master bathroom vanity friends. After quite a few weekends of slow moving work thanks to the rainy afternoon weather I have finished the piece. Last you saw I was still outside painting.



Well, once the main paint job was done, I cleaned the dust and inside it went for accent detail. I saw a tutorial from Salvage Inspirations to highlight intricate wood detail,  which this piece had plenty off and I used a light gray to do the job and here are some close-ups.


sorry for the bad lighting, but here is more



Now, for the top I wanted a white wash type effect and coincidentally I saw a tutorial by Confessions of a Serial diyer
using this product from Dixie Bell's called Voodoo Gel Stain, I loved the look and ordered it from her Etsy shop in the same color she used Up in Smoke


did originally 2 coats, but still needed more work.


Used the light gray for the wash, and after multiple coats and spot additions I was finally satisfied with the finish product.


I sealed it with Gator Hide from Dixie Bell and here is the finished beauty.


 I spray painted the hardware with Rustoleum 2x Matte Black and the two inner drawers gray for added prettiness. Also, the top edge drawers were cut by half in order for the sink plumbing to fit.


Now, I must make a note; I originally bought Waterlox Sealer since according to all the reviews it's the best of the best for wood protection from water. Well, maybe for natural wood, but for painted surfaces, it YELLOWED 😱
I noticed it on the second coat, luckily I painted very thin layers and with the blue it's hardly noticeable. That's why I got the Gator Hide for the top. So consider yourself warned. 
Next weekend the plumber will be in, so sink and faucets soon to come. 
Please, what are your thought?


No comments: