6/14/11

A Walk In The Park

Finally after much doing and re-doing, my latest Day of the Dead character is ready to meet you all. Here is my favorite character Catrina, spending a bright Summer day walking her little ghost dog.





As seen, she is on a tremendous mood, smiling for all to see. Just as the season, her sun dress is made out of a yellow and white patterned fabric; puffed up with yellow/white tulle.

 Embellished with ribbon and flowers, just like the big, round hat.

 This lady is full of glamour, she has a simple pearl necklace, glittered ring, little heels and a hand held wallet purse.





Her little side kick is a tiny ghost dog, who is happy for the walk and ready to give the big, beady, round, puppy eyes.


 All of course a small round base, painted with my all time favorite crackle paint with a bit of green.


Hope you all enjoy this piece and please give me some feedback. Also, wanted to know if anyone would be interested in viewing a How to make your own day of the dead figurine tutorial. Something I've been pondering for the soon approaching Halloween.




2 comments:

Blue Eyed Blessings said...

awesome post!! so cute :D

congrats on being the handmade wednesday store co-host of the week :D I'm your newest follower!!

Tak said...

That figure is toooo cute! I'm following you now!